Many of us are looking for a better mortgage deal or would like to release some of the equity in our home. When you remortgage you are switching to another deal and frequently another lender.
Where to start
The first step is to contact us and we can advise you on the most suitable remortgaging options. We will discuss with you the terms of your existing mortgage. This will tell us if you are tied in to your mortgage deal or if you have any early repayment charges. You can then decide if it is the right time to switch to a different lender or not. In the current climate, more and more people are working from home which often will require releasing equity for conversions and extensions to their home.
How do i apply?
We will guide you through the whole process of remortgaging which will include:
- Choosing the best new product for you from the many options available.
- An early redemption statement from your current lender to confirm what you still owe
- A new application form for your new lender will be completed along with proof of income, identity and existing commitments
- New lender will value your home
- Once all underwriting checks have been completed a mortgage offer will be issued
- Solicitors will need to be instructed to arrange the legal documentation for the new loan
How long does the process take?
The whole process should take between 4 – 8 weeks, however this may vary from customer to customer.
Once you have received a completion statement from your solicitor / new lender the process is complete and your new mortgage is in place.